▌Princesses Outfits ▌Sleeping Beauty

17:34

Princess Aurora, also the sleeping beauty. Let's see her outfits, last time we found that Snow White was from late Middle Ages, I think Aurora's dress probably was kind of 14th century and 1830's mixed up look.




Start from top, we can see the open collar is surely come from 14th century, but her butterfly-shaped bodice was catch on 1830, and so as her slender waist line. Next, she is ready for a ball, so it's a ball dress, and I guess she wore a soft bustle inside to make her dress more straight.


Now going to her fairies, Supporting caps were from 15th century. The queen, her sleeves evolved from earlier tippet, which was  one of the hallmarks from 1400s. The king, who put on a saxony ensemble, we can find some details at here. Rigid torso, doublet front curves gently, back of high collar is cut in one piece with back of the doublet, I guess if we can look closer that it will had silk damask on it, wide shoulders, and the codpiece, all of above is about 15th century.

The story background is 14th century, but my conclusion is: starting 14th century and go with some 1830s. It is great that I can make out something different from the film.


New sleeping beauty by Elie Saab, Matte finished tulle dress with cherry blossom pink, let her looks more meticulous and elegant.


 Sleeping beauty tailor by Hayden Williams, I love this fuchsia, by the way, if this colour go with big gown, it will easily to be misery.


last one is Aurora party outfits, let's see, it look quite clear than Snow White's party look, but if you don't wanna slip on dance floor, put on pink cocktail dress, and have a great party.

What is everyone's new year resolutions? Let me share mine:
  • exercise more
  • drink more water (at least 2000c.c. a day) 
  • enjoy my student life
  • tame the bulge (how about be a skinny bitxx haha) 
  • writing well (I am trying!!!) 

XOXO


You Might Also Like

2 意見

  1. I have to exercise more as well :^(
    In fact, I dreamed to be able to have the dress on.
    I prefer it to snow whites'.
    Once, I wore my mom's high heels and put on the bath towel to pretend I'm the sleeping beauty when I was a kid......
    = ="

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry about that, we can exercise together. And go ask Ellie that we are doing a podcast, we are so crazy.
    thank you for everything i love you Polly, please keep following my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Insta Highlight

Subscribe