How Oscar Wilde Save My Marriage

13:47

The flower stand near Chelsea 
A guy appears to have this innate disability to remember anything you say and you have to repeat or have the same argument over and over again? - sound familiar? I can relate.


I always think of house chores as things that are done by whoever find it unbearable first. Often it’s me, and I get frustrated. I told my husband that this is not my responsibility, and sometimes got really annoyed when all he can pay attention to or take initiatives are his entertainment, aka games. -- Until one day.

It feels almost like magical of how this happens. One day I was really upset about the same thing he does and I really just bottled it in. And then I read this sentence on Instagram: Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live. It’s a quote from Oscar Wilde.

Then it clicked to me right away. Yes. How can I be so stupid. We are all different. Threatening someone else to change with their affection to you is so selfish and unfair. How can I be so blind. I always told my husband how much I hate it when my parents trying to emotional blackmailing me and making me feel guilty so I’d listen to them. If I insist my husband to change his life style, then I’m just a hypocrite who's doing something I sworn not to do to others. 

I understand that we all are different and human. We all have different life style and the ways we'd like to operate. When it comes to relationships or more committed ones - like marriages - I should learn to sit back a little and know that family comes first. We all need a little more understanding to each other.

p.s. I watched Coco and it was so nice I cried. that also reminded me how people can be truly forgotten and everything you've done can be gone when you are not there. So let's all put a little bit more love to people you love and your family. xx

Giselle

You Might Also Like

0 意見

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Insta Highlight

Subscribe